Location: Skype call
Yemen was declared a Level 3 emergency response this summer due to the escalation of violence. The Global Education Cluster would like to organize a call on the Yemen education response this Thursday to provide an update on the current situation and the newly developed 2016 Cluster response plan by the new Education Cluster coordinator and on support provided by the global Education Cluster. The call will also give an opportunity for global members to provide updates on their own agency’s response in Yemen. One of the main issues faced by the Yemen Education Cluster is the lack of partners, so we hope many of you will join!
For the agenda, the GEC proposes:
- Brief presentation on the situation, impact on education, Yemen education cluster response, and issues (Yemen Education Cluster)
- Global Education Cluster support to Yemen (ECU)
- Partners plans/activities to support education response
- Discussion on global partners/cluster support, what more needs to be done
The call will take place on Thursday 19 November at 16:00 Yemen time (14:00 Geneva/ 13:00 London/ 08:00 New York). Please note the Education Cluster global partners monthly call will take place straight after the Yemen call.
Our preference is a Skype call. If you will participate, please communicate your Skype ID to Lisa Sabot-Schmid (email@example.com), so we can add you to the call. Thank you.
If you are unable to use Skype, please use Arkadin conference services (participants pin code: 74798774#). The list of toll-free/local phone numbers per country is available here. If your country is not on the list, please call the following international line + 41 22 580 59 81.
If you plan to be on the call, could you also please provide the following information to Lisa Sabot-Schmid (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Wednesday 18 November COB:
- Partner: name of the organisation
- Engaged in the Yemen education response: yes or no
- If yes, please provide a short description of the planned engagement (financial resources, technical support, surge capacity, activities, etc.)