This course is fully subscribed – next course is scheduled in 2017.
The Global Education Cluster is pleased to announce the next Education Cluster Coordination Core Skills Course. This course consists of 4 online modules that will start on 1 June, and culminates in a 5.5 day face-to-face training which will take place in Switzerland from Sunday 10 July to Friday 15 July 2016.
The Core Skills course was developed in 2015 and will now take place for the third time. The Course seeks to blur the line between traditional “coordinator” and “IM” roles and responsibilities, and aims to equip all coordination staff with the required skills to establish and effectively run an Education Cluster (or Education in Emergencies Working Group). Our aim is to ensure that all Education Cluster coordination staff complete this new Course.
It is a highly intensive course and requires a minimum of 10-12 hours of pre-training work (not including admin), so your commitment to this is necessary.
There are 24 places on the course, with priority given to candidates in the following categories:
- Education Cluster Staff currently working in major emergencies, including MoE counterparts. L3 emergencies will be prioritised.
- Standby partners, emergency response staff and Rapid Response Team members deployable to Cluster roles
- Regional and Global Advisors who provide technical support to current active Education Clusters
- Global Education Cluster Partners staff who deploy/support education in emergencies at country level and would play an active role in the education cluster
- EiE Professionals who would be available to deploy in a cluster role in 2016
The package covers accommodation and meals for participants on training days. Country offices/host agencies are expected to fund airfares, visa, transportation by train/bus from and to Geneva airport, and any residual per-diem.