Location: Villars-s/Ollon (Switzerland)
The Global Education Cluster is pleased to announce the next Education Cluster Coordination Core Skills Course. It is a blended course with preparatory self-study followed by face-to-face workshop. All content has been updated in line with all the new Guidance under the Transformative Agenda as well as that developed by UNICEF and the Education Cluster Unit.
The guided self-study component will start on 25 January 2016 and take 10-12 hours to complete over a period of 6 weeks. The 6-day workshop will take place from 6 to11 March, in Switzerland. There will be a further Core Skills training in June/July 2016 so if the dates above are not feasible you can still apply for the summer course.
The training combines coordination and information management skills. It is a highly intensive course, supported by a team of 4 facilitators. It will require a minimum of 10 hours preparatory course work (not including admin), so your commitment to this is necessary.
There are 26 places on the course, with priority given to candidates in the following categories:
- Education Cluster Staff currently working in major emergencies, including MoE counterparts. L3 emergencies will be prioritised.
- Deployable Standby, Emergency Response and Rapid Response Team Staff
- Regional and Global Advisors who provide technical support to current active Education Clusters
- Global Education Cluster Partners staff who deploy/support education in emergencies at country level and would play an active role in the education cluster
- EiE Professionals who would be available to deploy in a cluster role in 2016
The package covers accommodation and meals for participants on training days. Country offices/host agencies are expected to fund airfares, visa, airport transfer and any residual per-diem.
To apply, please send your CV and a short outline describing how you meet the selection criteria to Lisa Sabot-Schmid (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday 15 January 2016. Please copy your country cluster coordinator/line manager when submitting your application.
Please do not hesitate to contact James Sparkes (email@example.com) or Tyler Arnot (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need any further information though note both will have limited access to emails over the holiday season.