The Global Education Cluster is pleased to announce the next Education Cluster Coordination Core Skills Course with thanks to World Vision International (WVI) for its partnership and hosting of the face-to-face component of the training.
This course consists of 4 online modules that will start on 15 May, and culminates in a 5.5 day face-to-face training which will take place in Cyprus from Monday 19 June to Saturday 24 June 2017. It is a highly intensive course and requires a minimum of 10-12 hours of pre-training work (not including admin), so your commitment to this is necessary.
The Course seeks to provide training in both the skills sets of the traditional “coordinator” and “information manager” roles and responsibilities. It aims to equip all coordination staff with the required skills and knowledge to establish and effectively run an Education Cluster (or Education in Emergencies Working Group).
The GEC aim is to ensure that all Education Cluster coordination staff complete this course and as such, priority is given to candidates in the following categories:
- Education Cluster Staff currently working in major emergencies, including MoE counterparts. L3 emergencies will be prioritised.
- Standby partners, emergency response staff and Rapid Response Team members deployable to Cluster roles
- Regional and Global Advisors who provide technical support to current active Education Clusters
- Global Education Cluster Partners staff who deploy/support education in emergencies at country level and would play an active role in the education cluster
- EiE Professionals who would be available to deploy in a cluster role in 2017.
The package covers accommodation and meals for participants on training days. Country offices/host agencies are expected to fund airfares, visa, transportation from and to the airport, and any residual per-diem.
To apply, please fill out the application form and send it back along with your CV and a short outline describing how you meet the selection criteria to Luca Fraschini (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Thursday 20 April COB. Please be sure to copy your line manager when submitting your application.